Expo Carnes is the main meat-processing trade show in Mexico and Central America. This year it took place in Monterrey between March 1 and March 3. It was the seventh time that ViskoTeepak participated in this show since the company established its presence in Mexico.
- The show occupied an area of 18,000 square meters.
- Expo Carnes 2017 received 6,500 visitors, an increase of 23% over the 2015 event.
- Approximately 40% of the attendees were first-time visitors.
- Approximately 70% of the attendees were decision makers for their companies.
- Visitors came from many countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, France, Guatemala, Netherlands, Honduras, Italy, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Peru, Dominican Republic, Switzerland and Uruguay.
- There were 311 exhibiting companies, an increase of 20% over the figure for 2015.
- At Expo Carnes 2017 y Lácteos, the head of SAGARPA, Secretary Jose Calzada, protested against the new Board of Directors of the Mexican Meat Council.
We had a great opportunity to meet the major Mexican meat-processing companies, including Sigma Alimentos, Grupo Bafar, Qualtia Alimentos and Empacadora Celaya, as well as important new prospects such as Grupo Lala, which is currently constructing the largest facility for ham and hotdog production that Mexico has seen in the past 10 years. Additionally, we met several distributors and customers from Mexico, Central America and South America.
This year ViskoTeepak’s Mexican and U.S. teams participated in the show, assisted by representatives from Europe. Expo Carnes remains an important show to attend and we will certainly see you next time.
Thanks everybody who participated in making this a great event!